To give candidates the knowledge to be able to recognise any faults in a Basic scaffold. This will enable them to sign the relevant GA3 form. To make candidates more aware of your own responsibilities and those of the scaffolding contractor when scaffolding is been erected on your sites.
Candidates will receive a Pat O’Brien certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Duration: 1 Day
The venue must have an adequately sized classroom to facilitate class numbers. It is also preferable to have a live scaffold for all candidates to inspect at the end of the Theory session.
All candidates for this course should be involved in the day to day running of the scaffold on their sites. This could be site foremen, site managers, safety officers, engineers.
- Manufacturer’s Manual for the relevant scaffold
- Relevant Legislation and Guidelines (C.O.P. TG20-13)
- Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Scaffolding terminology and components
- Inspecting materials and ground conditions
- Correct erection procedures, SG4-10 and rescue plans
- Bracing, Ties, Ladders and Housekeeping
- Scaffold board inspection
- Following basic scaffold designs
- Form filling regarding hand-overs, checklists 1 & 2, GA3’s and scaff-tags
- Scaffold Inspection and course summary