The Risk Assessment workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of the process of risk assessment in the management of safety health and welfare at work. The legal framework that requires risk assessment and the practical application of risk assessment are explained in detail. In addition, participants will carry out a sample risk assessment during the workshop to ensure that practical and theoretical knowledge and skills are achieved. An understanding of hazard categories will be achieved by participants, and a knowledge and understanding of the importance of the role of risk assessment in the process of managing safety health and welfare at work, will be achieved. The Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 relating to risk assessment are covered in detail.
Who should attend?
Facilities managers, HR professionals, safety officers, line managers, supervisors, or those with a similar responsibility for carrying out risk assessments in the workplace.
Duration: 1 Day
- Legal obligations regarding the risk assessment process
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- General Applications 2007-2016
- Basic principles and fundamentals of carrying out a risk assessment
- Hazard Identification in the risk assessment process
- Dynamic Risk Assessment
- The 5 Principles of Prevention
- The importance of the risk assessment process in the management of safety health and welfare
- Practical application- completing a sample risk assessment
- Theory Questions and complete assessment
The programme is delivered by experienced tutors who provide trainees with advice, consultancy and training on a daily basis. Programme participants are encouraged to express their views and experiences. The programme facilitates participant discussion to ensure a thorough understanding of the key points and their application.
Chat with our Team Today to Enquire about a Course – Contact Us at the number or email address above and follow us on Facebook for regular updates.