Chainsaw safety awareness program
Course outline for the Chainsaw safety awareness program for all operators.
This program enables experienced chainsaw operators to gain recognition for their achievements by way of certification.
On completion of this course trainees are able to:
- Identify, inspect and comment on key parts of the chain saw.
- Prepare the chain saw for work safely without risk to themselves, other people or the environment.
- Will be able to carry out daily and routine maintenance on the chain saw.
- Operate the chainsaw safely and effectively and comfortably in accordance with the practical risk assessment.
- Operate the chainsaw safely without risk to themselves, other people and the environment.
- State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding of operating a chainsaw.
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a work site.
Candidates for this programme should have a minimum of at least six months operating experience as a chainsaw operator for which training and assessment is applied for and participants must have a good understanding of English or be accompanied by an interpreter.
Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times. Any equipment used must be operated in such a way that the candidate, assessor, other persons or equipment are not endangered. All ancillary equipment, when detached must be safely stored. Failure to operate safely and comply with these requirements will result in the candidate not meeting the required standard.
Aim: To provide an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with chainsaw operations and to obtain the appropriate certification
Benefit to Employers:
- Comply with the 2005 regulations.
- Reduce Costs.
- Reduce down times.
- Have trained and motivated staff.
- Increase Productivity.
Benefit to Employees:
- Attain certification which enhances future prospects.
- Increase knowledge.
- Increase Safety awareness.
- Learn new skills or update existing skills.
- Adopt positive attitude.