Fire Extinguisher, Fire Fighting Equipment Servicing & Maintenance Certification
Under the Fire Service Act 1981(2003) and SHWWA General Application Regulations 2007, all persons having control over a premises and/or employers are required to make provisions against the outbreak of fire. One of these requirements is to have an appropriate number of working fire extinguishers installed on your premises and to ensure that they are serviced on a regular basis, in accordance with the Irish Standard IS291.
Pat O Brien Safetys experienced and well trained team of engineers will visit your premises at a time that is convenient to you so there is no down time and make sure that all of the equipment is checked and certified.
We provide an all-in service price, which covers the cost of servicing, test discharge of 20-30% of your fire extinguishers, remounting, securing of fixtures, etc. With a single charge there are no hidden costs, allowing you to budget at the start of the year with no nasty costly surprises. Any additional prices such as extra callout’s for discharged extinguishers will be discusses before work commences.
- All Fire Extinguishers will receive a full and thorough examination each year.
- 30% of Foam and Water extinguishers will be discharged, examined and refilled.
- 20% of ABC and CO2 extinguishers will be discharged, examined and refilled.
- Broken parts will be replaced.
- Fire Hose Reels will be fully unwound and thoroughly examined.
- All Hose Reels will be tested for function and pressure.
- Fire blankets will be inspected as part of the service, at no extra charge.
- CO2 extinguishers will be pressure tested after 10 years, then every 5 years after that.
The only exceptions will be the replacement parts for hose reels, refilling and repairing of misused and empty extinguishers, which will be charged for at current list prices. Also excluded is the cost of new extinguishers and refurbishing of equipment. Any repair work required on fire hose reel plumbing must be conducted by a plumber, this can be organised by the client or we can do this using one of our qualified associate plumbers (charges will apply).
All fire extinguishers will have a signed self-adhesive label affixed showing the date of inspection and the work carried out. An inspection report giving details of the service history of each fire extinguisher and the number and type of extinguishers on site will be provided along with a certificate of inspection that you can display in your work place.